There are a lot of siblings with protagonist brothers or sisters who have a knack for stealing the spotlight on account of being awesome, and we want to take a moment to appreciate them! So, here are 8 of our favorite siblings from YA in honor of National Sibling Day!
1. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
NOAH AND JUDE WE LOVE YOU.
2. The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu
Nannerl and Woferl’s relationship may be one of our absolute favorites in all of YA history.
3. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Okay, sure, Tella gets herself into an awful lot of trouble. But we love her anyway, okay?!
4. Frankly in Love by David Yoon
Shoutout to Yvonne who we love more than anything in this world.
5. The Vanishing Deep by Astrid Scholte
It may be a bit of a *tense* sibling relationship. But hey, Tempe brought her sister back from the dead. What did you expect?
6. A River of Royal Blood by Amanda Joy
Speaking of tense sibling relationships, Eva and Isadore DEFINITELY make the cut.
7. WAR GIRLS by Tochi Onyebuchi
On another note, Onyii and Ify’s relationship is absolute sister goals.
8. Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
Darius is so so sweet to his baby sister and we love it.