Raise a glass to this YA news—Alex and Eliza: A Love Story by Melissa de la Cruz is coming out this April! And seriously, we can’t wait for it (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). Before the world knew them as Alexander Hamilton and Elizabeth Schuyler, Alex & Eliza fell in love. And that’s what this historical romance novel is all about! Doesn’t that description alone make you want to sing and dance for joy? Here are seven reasons why we can’t wait for Alex and Eliza: A Love Story:
1. You probably haven’t heard . . . but, Alexander Hamilton and Elizabeth Schuyler are kind of popular these days.
The American Revolution is back in style, with Alex and Eliza leading the trend.
2. The cover is PERFECT and we need it to grace our bookshelves.
The lace, the silhouettes, the beauty! *grabby hands*
3. We’re eager to read any new book by Melissa de la Cruz.
Girl knows how to tell a good story.
4. Melissa was inspired to tell Alex and Eliza’s love story after seeing Hamilton on Broadway.
Melissa’s daughter was curious to know more about Elizabeth Schuyler, her favorite character from the show. Talk about a passion project!
5. We get to read about how Alex and Eliza’s romance shaped a nation.
So, this book is basically a how to manual for those interested in being in a power couple.
6. Some other familiar faces from history will likely make an appearance.
Angelica and Peggy Schuyler, George Washington, Marquis de LaFayette, John Laurens, etc.
7. Historical swoons ahead.
To summarize: be still my heart until April 11th.
Pre-order your copy to win a custom pin and bookplate signed by Melissa de la Cruz!