Do’s and Don’ts for encountering a vampire: things YA taught us
Let’s face it: we all have a soft spot for the eternally damned. YA made us love vampires and we aren’t sorry about it. HOWEVER, our favorite books have ALSO taught us that there are certain things to do and not do if you encounter a handsome broody potentially blood-thirsty character. At no. 1…
1. DO make besties with the good vamps.
Vampire Academy taught us that there are some vampires you want to keep close. Rose and Lissa are the definition of BFFs.
2. DO NOT take night time strolls through the streets of New Orleans by yourself
Thankfully Celine is badass and got herself out of that one. But The Beautiful definitely taught us to BE CAREFUL.
3. DO play baseball with them
Cuz we all love this scene.
4. DO NOT forget to bring garlic, vervain, etc. to fend off any potential bad guys
All vampires have their weaknesses.
5. DO ask them if they sparkle
6. DO NOT fall in love with two immortal brothers
We love love triangles but you really gotta watch out for the eternal ones
7. DO trust Dimitri. Except when you shouldn’t.
Honestly, it depends on the day.
(SPOILER FOR THE BEAUTIFUL ON THIS NEXT ONE! Skip to #9 if you haven’t read it!)
8. DO NOT give up all your memories so you can forget you were in love with Bastien as he becomes a vampire because it makes us readers REALLY SAD.
The ending of The Beautiful KILLED US.
9. And finally, DO fall in love with them.
Because we love to read about it.
If you’re looking for more reasons to swoon, we got you. Here are 16 of YA’s steamiest romances!